Version 4.5.8 [v4-beta] (rgerhards), 2010-02-10
- enhanced doc for using PostgreSQL
Thanks to Marc Schiffbauer for the new/updated doc
- bugfix: property replacer returned invalid parameters under some (unusual) conditions. In extreme cases, this could lead to garbled logs and/or a system failure.
- bugfix: invalid length returned (often) when using regular expressions inside the property replacer
- bugfix: submatch regex in property replacer did not honor "return 0 on no match" config case
- bugfix: imuxsock incorrectly stated inputname "imudp"
Thanks to Ryan Lynch for reporting this.
- (slightly) enhanced support for FreeBSD by setting _PATH_MODDIR to the correct value on FreeBSD.
Thanks to Cristiano for the patch.
- bugfix: -d did not enable display of debug messages regression from introduction of "debug on demand" mode
Thanks to Michael Biebl for reporting this bug
- bugfix: blanks inside file names did not terminate file name parsing.
This could reslult in the whole rest of a line (including comments) to be treated as file name in "write to file" actions.
Thanks to Jack for reporting this issue.
- bugfix: rsyslog hang when writing to a named pipe which nobody was reading. Thanks to Michael Biebl for reporting this bug.
- bugfix: memory leak when sending messages in zip-compressed format
Thanks to Naoya Nakazawa for analyzing this issue and providing a patch.
- bugfix: potential segfaults during queue shutdown (bugs require certain non-standard settings to appear)
Thanks to varmojfekoj for the patch