Version 5.5.2 [DEVEL] (rgerhards), 2010-02-05
- applied patches that make rsyslog compile under Apple OS X.
Thanks to trey for providing these.
- replaced data type “bool” by “sbool” because this created some portability issues.
- added $Escape8BitCharactersOnReceive directive
Thanks to David Lang for suggesting it.
- worked around an issue where omfile failed to compile on32 bit platforms under some circumstances (this smells like a gcc problem, but a simple solution was available). Thanks to Kenneth Marshall for some advice.
- extended testbench
- bugfix: queues in direct mode could case a segfault, especially if an action failed for action queues. The issue was an invalid increment of a stack-based pointer which lead to destruction of the stack frame and thus a segfault on function return.
Thanks to Michael Biebl for alerting us on this problem.
- bugfix: hostname accidently set to IP address for some message sources, for example imudp. Thanks to Anton for reporting this bug. [imported v4]
- bugfix: ompgsql had problems with transaction support, what actually rendered it unsuable. Thanks to forum user “horhe” for alerting me on this bug and helping to debug/fix it! [imported from 5.3.6]
- bugfix: $CreateDirs variable not properly initialized, default thus was random (but most often “on”) [imported from v3]