Version 3.21.5 [DEVEL] (rgerhards), 2008-09-30
- performance optimization: unnecessary time() calls during message
parsing removed – thanks to David Lang for his excellent performance
- added new capability to property replacer: multiple immediately
successive field delimiters are treated as a single one.
Thanks to Zhuang Yuyao for the patch.
- added message property "inputname", which contains the name of the
input (module) that generated it. Presence is depending on suport in
each input module (else it is blank).
- added system property "$myhostname", which contains the name of the
local host as it knows itself.
- imported a number of fixes and enhancements from the stable and
devel branches, including a fix to a potential segfault on HUP
when using UDP listners
- re-enabled gcc builtin atomic operations and added a proper
- bugfix: potential race condition when adding messages to queue
There was a wrong order of mutex lock operations. It is hard to
believe that really caused problems, but in theory it could and with
threading we often see that theory becomes practice if something is only
used long enough on a fast enough machine with enough CPUs ;)
- cleaned up internal debug system code and made it behave better
in regard to multi-threading