Adiscon is proud to announce the 3.1 release of RSyslog Windows Agent.
This is a maintenenance release for RSyslog Windows Agent. It includes some bugfixes as well as a new rule date condition which can be used to process events starting from a certain date. A few new options have been added into the Syslog Service as well.
Detailed information can be found in the version history below.
Build-IDs: Service 22.214.171.124, Client 126.96.36.199
- All internal errors are now logged into the EventLog when "Event Warnings" are enabled in general options.
- Added Rule Date Conditions. By default a rule will always be processed. It can be set to only process messages generated since the installation or custom date.
- Syslog Server: Added new Option to save original source into custom property when using "Take Source system from Syslog message" option.
- File Monitor: Files are now opened with FILE_SHARE_DELETE flag which enables other applications to delete them (like logrotation tools do).
- SSL Connections: Fixed an issue not using custom configured certificates when TLS anon mod was used.
- FileConfig Mode: Fixed a bug loading filters properly. Also added support for reloading data variables automatically.
- Core Engine: Fixed an internal processing bug caused when rebuilding Messages from cache files.
- Syslog Server: RFC 5424 header parsing fixed, a timestamp can be a NILVALUE now.
- Syslog Server: Fixed bug ignoring "Take Source system from Syslog message" option when UDP was used.
Version 3.1 is a free download. Customers with existing 2.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to email@example.com. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.