Welcome to Rsyslog¶
Rsyslog is a rocket-fast system for log processing. It offers high-performance, great security features and a modular design. While it started as a regular syslogd, rsyslog has evolved into a kind of swiss army knife of logging, being able to
- accept inputs from a wide variety of sources,
- transform them,
- and output the results to diverse destinations.
Rsyslog has a strong enterprise focus but also scales down to small systems. It supports, among others, MySQL, PostgreSQL, failover log destinations, syslog/tcp transport, fine grain output format control, high precision timestamps, queued operations and the ability to filter on any message part.
- Example Use Cases
- Encrypting Syslog Traffic with TLS (SSL)
- Encrypting Syslog Traffic with TLS (SSL) [short version]
- Writing syslog messages to MySQL, PostgreSQL or any other supported Database
- Handling a massive syslog database insert rate with Rsyslog
- Reliable Forwarding of syslog Messages with Rsyslog
- Recording the Priority of Syslog Messages
- Failover Syslog Server
- Log rotation with rsyslog
- GELF forwarding in rsyslog
- Historical Documents
Sponsors and Community¶
Please visit the rsyslog Sponsor’s Page to honor the project sponsors or become one yourself! We are very grateful for any help towards the project goals.
Visit the Rsyslog Status Page to obtain current version information and project status.
If you like rsyslog, you might want to lend us a helping hand. It doesn’t require a lot of time - even a single mouse click helps. Learn how to help the rsyslog project.