Adiscon is proud to announce the 4.1 release of MonitorWare Agent.
Rsyslog Windows Agent is now able to reload it’s configuration automatically if enabled (Which is done by the configuration client
automatically on first start). It is not necessary to restart the service manually anymore.
Performance enhancing options have been added into EventLog Monitor V1 and V2 and in File Monitor to delay writing the last record/fileposition back to disk. This can incease performance on machines with a very high eventlog or file load.
Detailed information can be found in the version history below.
Build-IDs: Service 126.96.36.199, Client 188.8.131.52
- Updated to OpenSSL 1.0.2k.
- Configuration Reload: This is a big new core feature allowing the
service to reload itself automatically after a configuration changed has
been detected. The feature can be turned off in General-General Options if
this new behavior is not wanted. By default auto reload will be enabled.
The latest Configuration Client is required for the feature to fully work.
- EventLog Monitor V2: Added new options to delay LastRecord save.
Enabling this option will improve processing performance of machines with
a high event volume.
- EventLog Monitor V1: Added new option to delay LastRecord save. Enabling
this option will improve processing performance of machines with a high
- File Monitor: Added new option to delay LastFilePosition save. Enabling
this option will improve processing performance when processing large
- FileConfig: Changed datafile saving method, more reliable when the
service is stopped unintentionally while updating data state files.
- Send Syslog Action: Added new option to enable/disable UTF8 BOM. Default
is enabled like before, but it can be disabled now by configuration so the
message won’t contain the UTF8 BOM.
- Property Engine: Fixed SystemID and CustomerID properties.v
- FileConfig: Due a missing property (FilterVersion), some of the global
conditions in rule filters could not be used. This automatically fixes
itself next time the configuration is saved with the Client.
- Debug Logging: Completely rewritten debug output for Rule Engine
(Filters) for better readability and analysis.
- Fixed an compatibility issue on Windows 2003/XP (failed to start because
WSAPoll API is missing).
- FileConfig: Fixed an issue with invalid linefeeds when using includefile
- FileConfig: Fixed EnumRegkey emulation causing EventLog Monitor Services
to load invalid eventlog channels.
- Debug Logging: Moved RELP Debugging from minimal to internal
- FileMonitor: Fixed issue rewriting filepointer updates each time when
wildcards support was enabled.
Version 4.1 is a free download. Customers with existing 3.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to email@example.com. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.