This is the first release of rsyslog 7.6 in the v7-stable branch. Since 7.4 a lot of new functions have found their way into rsyslog. With 7.6 being the successor of the 7.5 development branch, everything that has been added there has now found its way into the stable version. The major additions consist of
- imrelp/omrelp now support TLS & (zip) compression
- impstats is now emitting resource usage counters, can directly emit delta values and can now be bound to a ruleset
- mmpstrucdata is a new module to parse RFC5424 structured data into JSON message properties
- mmutf8fix is a new module to fix invalid UTF-8 sequences
- mmsequence is a new module that helps with action load balancing
- new defaults for main/ruleset queues to be more enterprise-like
Also the new stable version has undergone a lot of bug fixes, performance improvements and optimizations that make rsyslog 7.6 a lot more reliable and performing than before. Also, requirements have changed a little. For rsyslog 7.6 you now require librelp 1.1.4 and libestr 0.1.7 due to major fixes.
More detailed information is available in the ChangeLog.
As always, feedback is appreciated.