Version 5.3.6 [BETA] (rgerhards), 2010-01-13
- bugfix: ompgsql did not properly check the server connection in
tryResume(), which could lead to rsyslog running in a thight loop
- bugfix: suspension during beginTransaction() was not properly handled
by rsyslog core
- bugfix: omfile output was only written when buffer was full, not at
end of transaction
- bugfix: commit transaction was not properly conveyed to message layer,
potentially resulting in non-message destruction and thus hangs
- bugfix: enabling GSSServer crashes rsyslog startup
Thanks to Tomas Kubina for the patch [imgssapi]
- bugfix (kind of): check if TCP connection is still alive if using TLS
Thanks to Jonathan Bond-Caron for the patch.
- bugfix: $CreateDirs variable not properly initialized, default thus
was random (but most often “on”) [imported from v3]
- bugfix: ompgsql had problems with transaction support, what actually
rendered it unsuable. Thanks to forum user “horhe” for alerting me
on this bug and helping to debug/fix it!
- bugfix: memory leak when sending messages in zip-compressed format
Thanks to Naoya Nakazawa for analyzing this issue and providing a patch.
- worked around an issue where omfile failed to compile on 32 bit platforms
under some circumstances (this smells like a gcc problem, but a simple
solution was available). Thanks to Kenneth Marshall for some advice.
[backported from 5.5.x branch]