Version 4.1.6 [DEVEL] (rgerhards), 2009-04-07
- added new "csv" property replacer options to enable simple creation of CSV-formatted outputs (format from RFC4180 is used)
- implemented function support in RainerScript. That means the engine parses and compile functions, as well as executes a few build-in ones. Dynamic loading and registration of functions is not yet supported – but we now have a good foundation to do that later on.
- implemented the strlen() RainerScript function
- added a template output module
- added -T rsyslogd command line option, enables to specify a directory where to chroot() into on startup. This is NOT a security feature but introduced to support testing. Thus, -T does not make sure chroot() is used in a secure way. (may be removed later)
- added omstdout module for testing purposes. Spits out all messages to stdout – no config option, no other features
- added a parser testing suite (still needs to be extended, but a good start)
- modified $ModLoad statement so that for modules whom’s name starts with
a dot, no path is prepended (this enables relative-pathes and should not break any valid current config)
- fixed a bug that caused action retries not to work correctly situation was only cleared by a restart
- bugfix: closed dynafile was potentially never written until another dynafile name was generated – potential loss of messages
- improved omfile so that it properly suspends itself if there is an i/o or file name generation error. This enables it to be used with the full high availability features of rsyslog’s engine
- bugfix: fixed some segaults on Solaris, where vsprintf() does not check for NULL pointers
- improved performance of regexp-based filters. Thanks to Arnaud Cornet for providing the idea and initial patch.
- added a new way how output plugins may be passed parameters. This is more effcient for some outputs. They new can receive fields not only as a single string but rather in an array where each string is seperated.
- added (some) developer documentation for output plugin interface
- bugfix: potential abort with DA queue after high watermark is reached There exists a race condition that can lead to a segfault. Thanks go to vbernetr, who performed the analysis and provided patch, which I only tweaked a very little bit.
- bugfix: imtcp did incorrectly parse hostname/tag Thanks to Luis Fernando Muñoz Mejías for the patch.