Version 5.3.4 [DEVEL] (rgerhards), 2009-11-04
- added the ability to create custom message parsers
- added $RulesetParser config directive that permits to bind specific parsers to specific rulesets
- added omruleset output module, which provides great flexibility in action processing. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT ADDITION, see its doc for why.
- added the capability to have ruleset-specific main message queues
This offers considerable additional flexibility AND superior performance (in cases where multiple inputs now can avoid lock contention)
- bugfix: correct default for escape (‘#’) character restored
This was accidently changed to ‘\\’, thanks to David Lang for reporting
- bugfix(testbench): testcase did not properly wait for rsyslogd shutdown thus some unpredictable behavior and a false negative test result could occur.