The Adiscon Ubuntu Repository has been setup to provide the latest rsyslog versions on Ubuntu including support for necessary third party packages.
Currently supported Ubuntu Versions:
- Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty)
- Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic/daily builds only)
- Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)
Currently supported rsyslog branches:
- v8-devel (daily builds)
- v7-stable (outdated, not recommended to be used anymore)
The new packages are based in the original Ubuntu 12 rsyslog packages.
To install a current rsyslog version on Ubuntu:
- Open a Terminal
- Enter the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:adiscon/v8-stable
- Then update your apt cache:
sudo apt-get update
- Finally install the new rsyslog version:
sudo apt-get install rsyslog
We highly appreciate any feedback or bug reports.
The following short video shows how the steps are actually done: