Version 8.8.0 [v8-stable] 2015-02-24
- omkafka: add support for dynamic topics and auto partitioning
Thanks to Tait Clarridge for the patches.
- imtcp/imptcp: support for broken Cisco ASA TCP syslog framing
- omfwd: more detailled error messages in case of UDP send error
- TLS syslog: enable capability to turn on GnuTLS debug logging
This provides better diagnostics in hard-to-diagnose cases,
especially when GnuTLS is extra-picky about certificates.
- bugfix: $AbortOnUncleanConfig did not work
- improve rsyslogd -v output and error message with meta information
version number is now contained in error message and build platform in
version output. This helps to gets rid of the usual "which version"
question on mailing list, support forums, etc…
- bugfix imtcp: octet-counted framing cannot be turned off
- bugfix: build problems on Illuminos
Thanks to Andrew Stormont for the patch
- bugfix: invalid data size for iMaxLine global property
It was defined as int, but inside the config system it was declared as
size type, which uses int64_t. With legacy config statements, this could
lead to misadressing, which usually meant the another config variable was
overwritten (depending on memory layout).
- bugfix: negative values for maxMessageSize global parameter were permitted