Version 5.3.2 [DEVEL] (rgerhards), 2009-10-21
- enhanced omfile to support transactional interface. This will increase performance in many cases.
- added multi-ruleset support to imudp
- re-enabled input thread termination handling that does avoid thread cancellation where possible. This provides a more reliable mode of rsyslogd termination (canceling threads my result in not properly freed resouces and potential later hangs, even though we perform proper cancel handling in our code). This is part of an effort to reduce thread cancellation as much as possible in rsyslog.
NOTE: the code previously written code for this functionality had a subtle race condition. The new code solves that.
- enhanced immark to support non-cancel input module termination
- improved imudp so that epoll can be used in more environments, fixed potential compile time problem if EPOLL_CLOEXEC is not available.
- some cleanup/slight improvement:
- changed imuxsock to no longer use deprecated submitAndParseMsg() IF
- changed submitAndParseMsg() interface to be a wrapper around the new way of message creation/submission. This enables older plugins to be used together with the new interface. The removal also enables us to drop a lot of duplicate code, reducing complexity and increasing maintainability.
- bugfix: segfault when starting up with an invalid .qi file for a disk queue
Failed for both pure disk as well as DA queues. Now, we emit an error message and disable disk queueing facility.
- bugfix: potential segfault on messages with empty MSG part. This was a recently introduced regression.
- bugfix: debug string larger than 1K were improperly displayed. Max size is now 32K, and if a string is even longer it is meaningfully truncated.