Use this documentation with care! It describes
the outdated version 7, which was actively
developed around 2014 and is considered dead by the
This documentation reflects the latest update of the v7-stable branch. It describes the 7.6.8 version, which was never released. As such, it contains some content that does not apply to any released version.
To obtain the doc that properly matches your installed v7 version, obtain the doc set from your distro. Each version of rsyslog contained the version that exactly matches it.
As general advise, it is strongly suggested to upgrade to the current version supported by the rsyslog project. The current version can always be found on the right-hand side info box on the rsyslog web site.
Note that there is only limited rsyslog community support available for the outdated v7 version (officially we do not support it at all, but we usually are able to answer simple questions). If you need to stick with v7, it probably is best to ask your distribution for support.
- Compatibility Notes for rsyslog v7
- BSD-Style blocks
- omusrmsg: using just a username or “*” is deprecated
- omruleset and discard (~) action are deprecated
- Retries of output plugins that do not do proper replies
- omfile: file creation time
- Notes for the 7.3/7.4 branch
- Compatibility Notes for rsyslog v6
- Compatibility Notes for rsyslog v5
- Compatibility Notes for rsyslog v4
- Compatibility Notes for rsyslog v3