Use this documentation with care! It describes
the heavily outdated version 5, which was actively
developed around 2010 and is considered dead by the
rsyslog team for many years now.
This documentation reflects the latest update of the previously existing (now removed) v5-stable branch. It describes the 5.10.2 version, which was never released. As such, it contains some content that does not apply to any released version.
To obtain the doc that properly matches your installed v5 version, obtain the doc set from your distro. Each version of rsyslog contained the version that exactly matches it.
As general advise, it is strongly suggested to upgrade to the current version supported by the rsyslog project. The current version can always be found on the right-hand side info box on the rsyslog web site.
Note that there is no rsyslog community support available for this heavily outdated version. If you need to stick with it, please ask your distribution for support.
Output modules process messages. With them, message formats can be transformed and messages be transmitted to various different targets.
- omhdfs: Hadoop Filesystem Output Module
- omlibdbi: Generic Database Output Module
- ommail: Mail Output Module
- ommysql: MySQL Database Output Module
- omoracle: Oracle Database Output Module
- omprog: Program integration Output module
- omrelp: RELP Output Module
- omruleset: ruleset output/including module
- omsnmp: SNMP Trap Output Module
- omstdout: stdout output module (testbench tool)
- omudpspoof: UDP spoofing output module
- omuxsock: Unix sockets Output Module