Use this documentation with care! It describes
the heavily outdated version 5, which was actively
developed around 2010 and is considered dead by the
rsyslog team for many years now.
This documentation reflects the latest update of the previously existing (now removed) v5-stable branch. It describes the 5.10.2 version, which was never released. As such, it contains some content that does not apply to any released version.
To obtain the doc that properly matches your installed v5 version, obtain the doc set from your distro. Each version of rsyslog contained the version that exactly matches it.
As general advise, it is strongly suggested to upgrade to the current version supported by the rsyslog project. The current version can always be found on the right-hand side info box on the rsyslog web site.
Note that there is no rsyslog community support available for this heavily outdated version. If you need to stick with it, please ask your distribution for support.
Input modules are used to gather messages from various sources. They interface to message generators.
- im3195: RFC3195 Input Module
- imfile: Text File Input Module
- imgssapi: GSSAPI Syslog Input Module
- imklog: Kernel Log Input Module
- impstats: Generate Periodic Statistics of Internal Counters
- imptcp: Plain TCP Syslog
- imrelp: RELP Input Module
- imsolaris: Solaris Input Module
- imtcp: TCP Syslog Input Module
- imudp: UDP Syslog Input Module
- imuxsock: Unix Socket Input