Version 7.5.8 [v7-release candidate] 2014-01-09
- add exec_template() RainerScript function
- add debug.onShutdown and debug.logFile global paramters
These enebale the new "debug on shutdown" mode, which can be used to track hard to find problems that occur during system shutdown.
- Add directives for numerically specifying GIDs/UIDs
The already present directives (FileOwner, FileGroup, DirOwner, DirGroup) translate names to numerical IDs, which depends on the user information being available during rsyslog’s startup. This can fail if the information is obtained over a network or from a service such as SSSD. The new directives provide a way to specify the numerical IDs directly and bypass the lookup.
Thanks to Tomas Heinrich for the patch.
- actions now report if they suspend and resume themselves
this is by default on and controllable by the action.reportSuspension global parameter
- bugfix: omelasticsearch fail.es stats counter was improperly maintained
- bugfix: mmrfc5424addhmac: "key" parameter was not properly processed
- add new impstats action counters:
- * suspended
- * suspended.duration
- * resumed